FREE: Leading on Read to Write (Summer Term Cheshire Region)
Start Date: 4 May 2020 - Finish Date: 04 May 2020
Start Time: 15:45 End Time: 17:00
Venue: Cheshire View, CH3 7PT
- Are you already using the highly effective Read to Write units in your school?
- Would you like further support around their implementation?
- Is your Writing Curriculum Coherent and Sequenced?
These twilights offer termly opportunities to meet up with other subject leaders to discuss progress to date and next steps. The meetings will explore further supportive approaches, ensuring effective implementation. Each session will focus on a different element of the units, eg. shared writing, grammar etc. Support materials will be provided to establish effective leadership.
These sessions also include:
- leadership and effective implementation
- further exploration of strategies and approaches which ensure effective implementation
- Opportunities to explore children’s work
‘’The impact on writing access abilities has been amazing! The ideas and model text gives children the tools to become a ‘writer’ – making thoughtful choices’’. K.Hanwood, St Alban’s RC, Y3, Jan 2020
‘’I have used Read to Write units with my class and it has really had a positive impact on their writing. It can greatly improve childrens writing’’. Simon Magill, St Adams Catholic Primary, Teacher 2, Jan 2020
’Absolutly loads of ideas, presenataion is an accessible and easy to follow way. Gareth is so passionate about reading – just sweeps you along.’’Jen Higgerson, Greenleas, YR1/2, Jan 2020